But not every home cuts the mustard!
I visited a home in Spring, Texas today and \they did not make the list. The home was an unlicensed 3 bed home. Now mind you I do not have a problem with an unlicensed home as long as they care for no more than 3 people. The state will allow them to operate. They usually are able to offer a lower price that lets face it some families need. The ones I list do an exceptional job and really have a heart for caring for seniors.
See why this home did NOT make the list.
- The home did not have any residents yet and the owner had never worked in or run a care home before. She was told this is a good business to be in.
- There was no passion or strong desire to help the elderly.
- She had not taken any training in dementia or caring for the elderly
- She and her husband planned to run the home by themselves with a 25 year old son occasionally helping to give them a break.
- She was willing to take anybody no matter what their physical condition. She even indicated she would take someone with a feeding tube. This lady is not a nurse and does not have any caregiver training.
Lots of red flags for me.
Discover who made the list in Houston and surrounding areas here.